Thursday, October 28

Native American Days at Two Waters

9-29-2010
We decided to take the children to a DANCE performance at Two Waters. It's a great community Center that puts on shows, does museum tours etc. It is out on the reservation and there is NOTHing out there but these group of buildings that are their meeting center, police and other govermental buildings. I had to pull over and ask them where to go....it was SO amazing though. My mom went with me and we both enjoyed the dancers. The children were mesmerized. They couldn't take their eyes off of them. There outfits were amazing and ornate. I loved it. We plan to do more out there....We also had a traditional lunch. It was good. These Ribs...I SAY HUGE and I MEAN HUGE....they were delicious. I brought the bones back for our dogs they were so big. Fry bread and a weird minudo thing that I tried but stayed away from. The kids loved everything....ate it all except for what fell on their shirts!Hoop Dancer
Apache Dancers
They would all dance until this Dancer would swing this piece of wood attached to a rope that would make a noise for them to stop...it was amazing.