Thursday, October 28

HOLY Hail!


10-5-2010
For those of you that were not hit by this storm...my mom luckily just arrived and it was raining pritty badly then...SHEETS of rain are falling on the back windows, like someone was power washing the house or something. I saw the hale and ran outside to get the dogs into the shed so they would be better protected. Well...as I'm screaming for them (they are cowering in the bushes refusing to come out) when all of a sudden I hear this crashing and tearing. Our neighbors back porch flew off! I screamed as I saw it fly up and onto their house...I quickly ran inside just imagining something would fly out to hit me. We had fun watching everything get soaking wet. Our roof leaked again (only when it come in from the East?) The kids loved it. And of course I thought it was great but party pooper Stephen is too practical...thinking of the foundation and all the water that will be in our garage. It was a nice change and the kids loved playing in the puddles for the next few days!