Stephen's mom called and told us that Eli is the 111th great grandchild on his mother's side. Cool huh!? His grandmother was the one we recently went back to Utah for her funeral. But the really amazing thing is that his grandmother had already made a blanket for our little Eli two years ago before she passed. Stephen's mom even gave him his baby blanket that his grandma crocheted for him...very cool huh!Next to Eli is Adalae, Eli's newest and only 1st cousin once removed, born to Vaughn, Stephen's oldest nephew. This starts a new generation of babies in the Alger and Blake (Stephen's mother's family)families. So while Eli is the 31st grandchild to Stephen's parents and the 111th great grandchild in the Blake family, Adalae is the first great grandchild to Stephen's parents and the first great great grandchild in the Blake family. Both Eli and Adalae missed their great & great, great grandmother by only 9 months...or did they? Maybe she said her goodbyes along with all of our other grandparents, while we were saying our hellos.
So it's so freaking early and I haven't had any sleep but that's okay I will take a nap later when Stephen takes his "shift". Poor Eli, today is the day for his 'snip snip' OUCH! I hope he does alright, he's been awake for the last five hours so maybe he'll sleep through it! :) Yeah right...well, I took some pics of him during the night since he was up so I will have to edit and then post some more....maybe after my long nap!