Saturday, July 13

Laney's Sealing

6-29-2013
Laney Sariah Aaliyah Alger....I like the sound of that. I was surprised (pleasantly) and amazed (a little) that both Lydia and Adriana still fit into their dresses that they wore when they were sealed to us! I decided that would work out wonderfully if I only had to get one dress...but I wanted it to be a little different from the other two girls. I was afraid it was too long on her but it looked great! My little girl...all dressed in white! I should say girls. Because they all looked great!


 Daddy helping her get shoes on.

 Trying to get a few pictures of them ALL smiling at the same time, it can really be a challenge. I happen to think this one was funny with Eli giving a little bit of his devious look he has.




















 I love how much Laney laughs and smiles. She is truly our 'happy baby' she is CONSTANTLY smiling and saying hello to everyone. Many people have asked me if she ever gets upset or stops smiling. I must admit RARELY and only for good reasons...
 
 I really wanted to get some more pictures outside before we went in but poor Lydia needed to use the bathroom. I must say I am glad to have three of the kids toilet trained, but they can also get very demanding now, and it has to be NOW!!!

These two are just so sweet. They take care of each other. I can't believe how truly blessed I am to have such sweet little girls in my life. I am so grateful Heavenly Father sent me these Children. I know they are mine with all my heart. They are the best thing to happen to me besides my Loving Husband....
 During the Sealing Lindsay Hogge held little Laney and my brother Justin stood in for my Dad as witness on my side. Stephens' father Keith on his side. All week I had been a little blue that my parents couldn't be here for this wonderful occasion, I miss them terribly at times like this but it's so nice to know I can depend on my brothers and sisters to be there. Besides, if ever there were a reason to be away it would be for a Mission! I am SO proud of my parents. They have followed Heavenly Fathers call and served diligently in their mission to Fiji. I have seen them grow and again am so proud of them. I look forward to their return when we can go to the temple as a family.
Well, when they brought Laney in to join us in the Sealing room she was smiling and laughing. The first thing she said was "Mama!" "Mama!" I tried not to engage her too much so she wouldn't want to come to me but stay with Lindsay. No worries because she looked down and saw Eli, patted his head, called out "Eli" and grabbed him around the head with both arms giving his head a big bear hug! It was so cute. As we continued she smiled and laughed and was SO happy! Of course knowing we are an Eternal Family now brought tears to my eyes and I could feel the spirit so strongly there. At the end as everyone came by and gave us well wishes and hugs she said "tank you!" in her sweet little voice to each and every one of them! She makes my heart ache and laugh at the same time. She truly can wrap you around her finger by flashing her dimpled smile with a little laugh. We quickly went outside and tried to take more pictures. Lelanie my sister in law hasn't sent them over so I will have to post those later but these are the ones I was able to get, QUICKLY as it was over 115 degree's that day....AHHHH!
 Eli of course found the first tree he could while we took pictures and climbed right up! He was refusing to smile the whole time we were doing family pictures so I just let him be him...and his wonderful smile showed up! I love this little man-he's more like me every day!
 Laney really wanted to join Eli, Lydia was a little nervous I think, but quickly overcame that to join him.
 




















I had a fun time curling each of the girls hair the night before with soft pink curlers (just like the ones my mom used to have!). Laney's hair wasn't long enough to hold the rollers so I used the curling iron on her for the first time (she actually sat still)! She has never had a hair cut either. She is wearing the hair clips I wore when Adriana and Lydia were sealed to us...






My Four little Munchins! ALL ours for TIME AND ALL ETERNITY! What a wonderful feeling. I will never forget this day and how much pure joy filled my heart!