Thursday, June 5

Our visit to NY City!



Our adventure in the city started off wonderfully! There was no traffic (according to my bro.) and we went to Times Square first. It was smaller than I thought it would be and then the Subway was an experience to say the least. Talk about a toilet! I don't mind public transit but the smell seemed to seep into you...yucko! We visited Ground Zero of 9-11 and I was surprised at the immensity of the buildings...there were so many people there and the building that was next to the World Trade Center was a third of it's size. It shocked me to think of such devastation and what it must have been like down on that street that day. There's a big hole there now, I am interested to see what they will do with that area. We enjoyed a lunch in China Town and then did a little shopping. Nothing spectacular for me, just a few bracelets for friends and playing with the kiddies while the other women (and Stephen) finished shopping. He got a watch that is a replica of the James Bond one (the most recent film? I have no idea) Stephen collects watches, he has over six or seven already. The sad part was that it broke the next day-the pin that holds the band on bent! Ah, real quality huh?? :) I thought the city was an adventure. If I had worn better shoes it would have been even more fun. A warning...watch out for parking! They rip you off! :) NY City is not as "romantic" as they portray it to be in the movies and shows but it is an experience and I loved spending the day there with the people I love...adventures are always better with family!