Thursday, April 18

Temple Pictures

March 30th 2013
After spending so much time looking for eggs and talking about the Easter bunny, other fun stuff. I thought it was more than appropriate to remind the kids the real reason we celebrate Easter. So we went to the visitor center and "saw Jesus" as Eli says. This is the first year they can really get more into seeing the Christus and understanding who it represents. They each went up and touched his feet. Eli wanted to climb up and sit down but of course I tried to explain why we don't do that...
I wanted to get a picture of all of them sitting in front but for some reason it just wouldn't happen. It's really hard to take a controlled picture, get them to sit still, smile and all four of them to look at you the same time! Not to mention trying to be as respectful too. Another group came in so we left immediately. I remember what it's like trying to give a spiritual tour with a group of rambunctious kids in the group ahead! I miss my mission sometimes!

Not sure about the faces....
They were trying...this is the only one where three out of the four are looking in the right direction!





Finally everyone is looking, but now I can't see little Lydia's face! Argh!