Wednesday, April 3

Bath Bombs and LOTION!

 3-24-2013Above is my first attempt at making lotion bars. I was smart enough to make a small batch and put them in ice cube tray size...they turned out to have to much shea butter and basically melted in your hand before you could put it on anywhere else. So I adjusted my next recipe adding a lot more beeswax....
Here it is melting after I shredded it like crazy. I added some shea butter, cocoa butter, vitamin E, coconut oil and there you go...perfect lotion bars. I just love them! I even melted down the little ones I had left and added more beeswax to them. But they still were right. I guess I will have to throw them into my next batch and hope for a better result.
I also made some"Bath BOMBS" that day. I have yet to test them out with the kids but I know they will love them. I added some Lavender to help them sleep. I think they will dig on the "fizzy' part.