It was EARLY Early in the morning....but watching them come down the hallway into the living room was great. Half surprised, Laney confused. Then it sets in that this is all theirs!? They can't wait to rip open all the pretty packages and play with the new toys....
You will notice my wonderful garage sale finds. Lydia is into being a mommy. She loves to play with her baby doll. This little "station" you can feed her, give her a bath and there's a crib attached. Great find!
Adriana is into make-up and all things "girly" so I found this wonderful play set. The chair opens up to store the make-up, I only got a few dollar store items she liked, (lip-gloss mostly) I also made pretend makeup with my own makeup containers that were empty. You just pour a little nail polish in. Use fun colors...let it dry and it's a "permanent" pretend make up inside! (Did I ever mention I love Pinterest?) They give you such great ideas! I found the mirror at good will and put it on since the one that came with it was more like a shiny sticker than a mirror...Unfortunately later that day Eli got upset at Adriana about something and knocked this whole thing to the ground, breaking the mirror. But it still works and looks as cute as ever.
Spider man was the thing this year for Eli. I even bought new PJ's for everyone so they could look cute in their morning pics. A tradition my mom had back when we were kids. She would actually make us matching PJ's and we would open that one on Christmas Eve. I just bought them though and had them wear them for better pics...
Eli was also very into these Squibies? Squishies? Whatever they are, they are tiny and have all the action hero's and characters from the movies. He loves them, I can't believe how tiny they are and he is only allowed to play on the table with them. I'm afraid Laney might get ahold of one and choke! But they are cute! I also got Eli a VHS (yes, we still use our Video player!) I can find movies REALLY cheap...at least older ones, anyway, found "mighty Joe" it's kind of a B movie to say the least but it has a HUGE gorilla and that's all that matters to Eli. He LOVES it!
I am really into Bathtime stuff now. I found a great deal on Bath crayons and plan to re-use the tubes with my own recipe!
Lydia got bored opening presents (weird huh?) So she just started playing with everything that was already opened. Having a great time on her own while the other two tore through the rest and Laney just laughed and laughed. Eli's first ACTION FIGURE! Of course it's Spider man....funny thing is...Eli has never even seen Spider man the movie or cartoon. He might have seen a few seconds at someone's house as they flipped through channels or something. But he has never actually seen the movie. I find it fascinating he could be so attached to something he doesn't even really know...
What a FACE! So after all the presents were open, Eli got very upset. I tried to explain to him that he can play with all his new toys and we could open them up but he just didn't like that answer. He actually kept crying for a while. Until I got very annoyed and reminded him that we should be grateful for the presents we have and that if he didn't want to play with them I could always give them to another little boy...that did it. He was fine after that!
The room as it looked during present opening...below you will see little Lydia stripped down. So, after we had opened presents, had hot chocolate (family tradition) and eaten a cinnamon roll. Lydia went to the restroom, stripped and put on her fairy wings, came back and started playing.
I couldn't get her to put some close on for the life of me! She is such a Hogge at heart I think! hahaha!
Everyone playing until they all started to complain about not feeling well. I was tired and I know they were too but I soon realized we were all sick...fevers began to spike and everyone was coughing and miserable. We actually stayed home the rest of the day, not getting out of our PJ's. We weren't able to visit family in Peoria. Although I was sick it was kind of nice staying home. Not having to be anywhere and to just lounge around. I think sometimes we get so caught up in the gifts and everything else that we often forget Christmas and to really enjoy it. To cuddle and laugh with our kids. To remember Christ and all that he has done for us. To share that knowledge with others and to show our appreciation to him in all that we do. I liked being sick...gave me more time to think and appreciate than I usually do.
Merry Christmas!