l June 14th Swim Lessons!

The kids absolutely loved swim lessons last year. My mom was really kind in helping me take Adriana while I had Eli. Lydia stayed with my sister. This year it's finally Lydia's turn to swim with Mama! The first day was interesting to say the least. Eli's birthday is after the class started so they had him in the Toddler class (where Lydia is and where you have to have an adult swimming with the child) needless to say that wouldn't work. Besides, Eli had alread done both classes last year with Adriana. With some smooth talking and a very understanding Lifeguard they let me put Eli in the class with Adriana. The problem was that the class had already started. Adriana was happy and getting into it when I came up with Eli. He started to get upset and that caused Adriana to get upset. I just had to walk away and when I did they both took off running toward Jenny (who was watching the baby). I just turned and told the Teacher he'd have to chase them down...they were upset the rest of the lesson but participated in a few of the activities. They could see me across the pool with Lydia and were NOT happy about that.

The next day they went right to their teachers and were happy to be swimming. I did promise them a jellybean if they were good (which they later forgot about anyway). They loved their classes this year. I was so proud of Adriana and Eli being able to be on their own and to see them progress. Anytime they saw me watching they would show off a bit. I loved it. Lydia as you know is my little fish. She loved the water despite it being freezing cold. She would jump to me and loved to get over where it was shallow so she could walk around on her own and blow bubbles while grabbing things from the bottom of the pool.
Eli's favorite Nemo swim suit. I'm still amazed the girls fit into last years suits. Adriana in an 18 month and Lydia a 12 month. I wish they took after me. I would love to be tiny like them!
Swim lessons are over so now we just need to find more friends with pools so we can go visit! :)