Thursday, June 28

My Dad is the greatest!

I think my Dad is the greatest in the whole world. I have always given him a run for his money growing up! Not only was he patient with me (most of the time) but he never lost faith in me. I love that he taught me how to budget and to save for things rather than use a credit card. I love that he didn't always teach through "example" that he sometimes used the philosophy of do as I say not as I do. I feel so much better now as a parent. I don't feel like I have to be perfect. Not that my  Dad wasn't perfect, he came close...perfect for me anyway. He always knew when I needed to be guided in another direction. To be trusted to make my own decisions (and mistakes). To be taught that I can do anything. I can set my mind to something and accomplish it. Most of all I am so grateful that my dad has taught me who I am. That I am not just a (former) Hogge (and all that entails), but that I am a daughter of God. That I have a purpose and that I am on a path back to my Heavenly Father. Knowing how much you are loved and seeing the sacrifices that your parents make for you is more than I can put into words of how grateful I am for my Dad. I love  you so much Dad. I am beyond proud of you and I feel it's a compliment when people tell me I am like you. I love you!