Monday, March 8

I Hate Doctors...

Okay, so Dr's help us right?? I guess...but having to sit by helplessly is awful. Eli has had to have an EEG and an MRI done. He started to have shaking episodes at around three months. It happened when he was tired and having a bottle. He would start to shake, only his upper body, his eyes would roll back in his head and he would fall asleep. I would shake him to try and wake him up but he wouldn't wake up. A few minutes or so later he would... It wasn't very often and it wasn't until he had three in one week that I became very concerned. The Dr has said that he doesn't feel they are seizures. He was not able to give me much info other than that so I insisted on more tests. The EEG was not fun, he had to be awake for over ten hours so we were up early and he didn't get to eat much either. Then the MRI was worse, they had to put him under. I stressed all night. He didn't have anything to eat from seven a.m. until the tests at four. Thankfully Stephen gave him a blessing before we left.

....When they finally brought us in for the test they took him from me and he kind of just looked dazed as the nurse walked away with him. (he had just fallen asleep, funny thing they had to wake him up to put him back to sleep...). I didn't stay in the waiting room for the first fifteen minutes and it's a good thing. I found out from another mother waiting there that she could hear Eli screaming for a while at the beginning. I wanted to cry. I was so nervous I couldn't even read a book (something I haven't had time to do in months). But I was beyond happy when they brought his drowsy little smile to me and he has been fine since. He clings to me now anytime we go to a Dr's office and we are still waiting for the results but every Dr we have seen so far has been very positive and impressed with his growth and how 'advanced' he is in language, movement, muscle tone etc...so I am hoping this is just some kind of weird phase??? I don't know. But he is a happy and loving little guy. He has four more teeth to boot!!! So, as much as I hate Dr's. I'm glad they are around to help us understand things....