Saturday, December 6

Family Traditions!

One of our family traditions...


I like to make the ginger bread myself...it makes for an interesting house! It's usually uneven and the roof doesn't always line up (ours had a big gap about 2" on top). We've always had the hardest time assembling our houses so this year I saved a tissue box and we hot glued our gingerbread to the box for stability then decorated it! The funnest part of course was laughing and laughing as we each tried to decorate unsuccessfully. Joi was a little thief...she was snatching candy anywhere she could and ate the gum drops two fisted. For some reason Justin's side of the house was "all brown" it was hilarious, he tried to say it was his shingles for his roof. Then at the end he made silo's out of the tootsie roll can. One was suppose to be a water storage tank (good preparedness J!) The other I think was the sewage tank! ha! He later changed his mind and called it a tree...but you tell me, does it look like a tree? And I don't know if it's just a green thing but the green frosting "pooped" on Lindsay again this year. It happened last year too! Right into her lap, at least this time she caught it before it got to her lap...