Wednesday, November 5

Camping Nightmare!

Well we decided to go camping again on Monday after I got out of work. We left for Woods Canyon around 5 pm. We found a nice spot looking over the Rim and you could see all the houses and street lamps lit up. It was cool. We put our tent near the canyon's edge and played games inside. It was already cold 50 degree's but the wind chill had to be at least 20 degrees colder than that. Luckily our tent did it's job at keeping us warm. Not to mention Stephen brought EVERY sleeping bag and flannel blanket we owned. Lets see that's...6 sleeping bags and three blankets!
So onto the adventure: Stephen had fallen asleep around ten so I finally took a sleeping pill to help me at about midnight. As I fell asleep I noticed how badly the tent was shaking but thought nothing of it. Next thing I know Stephen is shaking me at2 a.m. and telling me to get up we have to move the tent! There were 45+ mile an hour winds flying at us. The whole tent was swaying and crashing back and forth. He was afraid the tent poles were going to break and wanted to move the tent further away from the canyon edge. So we collapsed everything and drug it over about 100+ feet away in a more sheltered spot. Meantime I was feeling sick and stumbling around barely conscious of what I was doing because of the sleeping pill (it's a very STRONG prescription) I almost puked. I tried to help him get it back up all the while trying not to pass out and then went inside as he staked it all back down. I was asleep before he even came in. He woke me up in the morning the wind had only slightly died down. He hadn't really been able to sleep he said because he was so worried about the tent and couldn't sleep with the wind howling so much. He asked if I wanted to either go find another place to stay or go home. Seeing as I didn't want to put the tent up AGAIN and we really couldn't do much outside the tent because of the constant wind, we came home. We didn't even try fishing, the lake was so choppy. So now I have worms in my fridge and am wondering if I should just put them in my garden...I didn't even take one picture the whole time we were there. That should tell you how disappointing a trip it was! ah...at least there's always next week!