Monday, September 23

Catching up....

Well usually I tell you about each event....I will try and forgive me if I smash this all together in one page. Things are a little crazy around here! We have been spending time at the mall with all the heat we like to play on the indoor equipment. I pack a lunch for them. Lydia was sitting there when a song came on that she likes she popped right up on her chair and started to 'get down'
I'm not sure if I put pictures up of our new vehicle. We got rid of the van. It keeps having tire issues and at $500 a piece it just wasn't we were able to get something that our family will grow into also. Plus, we needed something with the ability to tow so we can camp and stuff.
 
Eli started school as you've seen below. But I have been talking with the teachers' assistant and she asks me if he's shy???! I wash shocked to hear that he was so quiet. He interacts with the other kids but just doesn't say a lot. HMMMMMmmmmm
Total opposite at home! But I have been noticing when we are out doing things he doesn't interact with anyone. But if a game is started like tag or something he will join in.
  Eli paints with his classmates!
Eli isn't the only one who likes to paint. I love getting out the poster paints and letting them have at it. I went to take a shower and when I came back....Laney looked like THIS!
 They had completely covered her face. painted their own arms and even had part of her hair painted. I couldn't believe she just sat there and let them paint her? She even seemed happy to do it!
Our garden was a success! This is our little cantalope growing. One of the two plants that survived the 115 degree heat. The cotton balls you see there are for ants. The kids were getting eaten alive and everytime I gardened I was bitten. It's a leathal Borax and sugar mixture. Got rid of them really well.
 One of our watermelons
  Second watermelon.
 Two tomatoe plants and a green pepper plant. All producing but very small so I need some food for them.
 Zuccini!!!

 The kids were so excied to have the zuccini, only because I make zuccini bread rather than just roasting it. This one made double batch....it was HUGE!

  The sad part to our little garden is that the dogs got out of their inclosure and ate the big and little watermelon leaving us only two. They also got a hold of the cantaloupe. I was so upset. They were banished to their kennel for a few days.
Back to SCHOOL! Stephen has decided he wants to furter his education in marriage and family therapy. He is going for his masters. Being fully supportive I am glad he will finally be in a field he enjoys. But in order for us to survive he has to continue working (health insurance alone would kill us!). Luckily he only has one class right now on Tues & Thrs (those days are the rough ones, he gets home at 5:30 am tries to get a little sleep before going to class at 8-5pm then sleeps again until work at 9pm.) So he gets maybe 5 hours sleep on those days. We miss him terribly too. But we are adjusting. I am so proud of him.


 
Adriana's favorite thing to do??? MAKEUP
 
 Bubbles!! A new way to do bubbles. Honestly it's a lot easier too! Even Laney was able to do it. We also added colors to the bottom and made rainbow bubbles. Eli and Adriana were trying to see who could make the longes 'snake'. I love how a few rags, old pop bottles and a rubber band can occupy my kids for hours! Thank you pinterest!










 Lydia was tested and accepted into an early education program. They will be working specifically with her language, speech, vocabulary and so forth. My schedule just got really crazy!
 
Ms. Carla Carter
Lydia & Adriana's Teacher

 So craziness with school situations...Lydia is early morning but Eli &Adriana are afternoon. I was having a hard time dropping Eli off & making it back to the house for Adriana's bus. I tried leaving her by herself (Stephen was asleep with his door open so she wasn't completely alone) and thankfully I made it home before the bus came. I just didn't feel comfortable with her walking out by herself & what not. Luckily I was mentioning this at church to one of the Primary councilors and she said her son there and why not just have her wait at her house! What a blessing. The funny part-I drop Adriana off take Eli then come back to the same house I dropped Adriana at to pick up Lydia because they wanted to drop her off the time that is scheduled for her bus is the exact time I drop Eli off! I Blessings of fellow
 She is just so tiny!! My little girl is all grown up.I had to laugh at her back pack. It's bigger than her but the teacher needs to have a specific folder in it.
 Deided to get rid of the aweful blindes in my kitchen. I hung some pretty curtains and put n

A look at my knee's. For those of you who know me back in the day I injured my knee's. I have been doing physical therapy twice a week; it hasn't gotten better.  I did some gardening in the morning one day and by the end of the day I couldn't walk. I literally sat on the couch with my feet up iceing my knee's. They