Sunday, October 14

San Diego!

October 7th through the 11th....
 The kids actually did amazingly well for the six-seven hour trip. They had plenty of movies, snacks and this awesome new little baby food "pouches" so I could just give one to Laney and she could suck down her lunch and I wouldn't have to find a spoon and try to feed  her. Who ever invented this thing, I'm sure is making millions! We arrived late afternoon. John (Stephens' bro) and Lelani his wife were already there. They are the ones who arranged everything, they have been doing this for years I guess on her side of the family. So the camp sites are really close together. But it had running water, flushing toilets, showers and even a laundry room. You were still roughing it in a tent but had some much needed comforts too! The kids of course took right to the camping...they LOVE camping. We watched the sunset go down. So beautiful.
After watching General Conference (which by the way was amazing. I am so excited about the new missionary ages! WOW!) We left late that morning headed for San Diego. Stephens side of the family planned a camping trip on the beach. OUr first time camping on a beach...I wasn't really sure what to expect. Especially since I really don't like salt water. But I am game for almost anything at least once!
  Of course Lydia climbed and hugged all the tree's! Laney had her lunch and was able to scoot around finally!
 OUr cousins making monkeys of themselves. They all quickly got in trouble for climbing though...I guess they don't allow climbing on their tree's. Talk about protecting things We were across from the ocean. As you can see there was a fence and you just walked down steps...BAM you were there! The water was cocooolllDDDD!

Checking out the beach. The water, FREEZING, the brave ones who are facing the cold!
 I just love how you can see the difference on these two faces. Even though the water is cold, the air is damp, pop in the ceiling, pop in the 


 Daddy and uncle John give great rides...skip the guided tour (hahaha)